50 Most Significant Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know (Ultimate Insights)
Do you know, even in 2021 Email is one of the most powerful marketing channels that exist?
Email Marketing is not just a mere tool in your Digital Marketing Arsenal rather this is one of the most important catalysts for the success of your marketing campaign.
Do you know, as per EmailMonday’s report
An Email generates $38 for every $1 you spent, which means a whopping 3800% Return On Investment (ROI)
So, from this, you can easily understand how impactful Email Marketing could be for your business.
Not only that, if you are an aspiring Digital Marketer, who’s striving to choose his specialization, you can definitely give email marketing a shot.
Because if you like to communicate with your words/ creative ideas then Email Marketing as a career option can be highly rewarding in both prospect & possibility wise for your future.
As per latest Glassdoor report,
In India, the National Average Salary of an Email Marketing Specialist is Rs, 4,30,181.
Not bad, right?
Because an effective email marketing campaign can make a big difference in any business’s Lead Generation to Customer Acquisition and engagement, which can directly influence the ROI.
So you can understand that your role will be huge in this segment.
If you still feel a little bit hesitant then keep reading, in this article I’ve curated 50 such highly significant Email Marketing Statistics which will give you a clear idea about how powerful email can be for a business.
So, without wasting much time let’s dive…
State of Email Marketing: 50 Key Insights!!!
General Email Marketing Stats
- There are around 3.9 billion daily email users across the world & as per projection, it’s expected to reach up to 4.48 billion users by 2024.
- In 2018 the daily mail sending volume across the world was 281 billion and this figure is projected to reach 347 billion by 2023.
- 86% of the professionals give high priority to email connections on top of the others
- 72% of the customers prefer Email as their main channel for business communication
- In 2019 alone, the total number of daily mail sent & received was 293.6 billion. It’s expected to grow up to 347.3 billion by 2022.
- Welcome Emails have their own potential. as per the report, the average open rate of a welcome email is 82%
B2B Email Marketing Stats
- To 81% of B2B Marketers, an email newsletter is the most used way of Content Marketing.
- In B2B space, 93% of marketers use email for content distribution.
- 31% of the B2B marketers say, for lead nurturing & engagement email newsletters are the best mediums.
- For Lead Generation 89% of the Marketers leverage Email as the main channel.
- 54% of the Marketers have rated Email as the most effective Digital Marketing channel and also it’s the least difficult one to execute.
B2C Email Marketing Stats
- In the Asia Pacific, North America & Europe, Email Marketing is the most effective tool for Customer Engagement. 21% of all emails sent are opened by their very first hour of delivery.
- When the matter of conversion comes, Emails are 40% better at converting with respect to popular mediums like Facebook & Twitter.
- 90% of marketers consider email engagement a top metric to analyze their Content Marketing performance.
- With respect to Customer Loyalty & Retention, 37% of respondents consider Email as the most effective channel even above website & social media.
- 50.7% of customers make their buying decisions influenced by marketing/ advertorial emails they receive.
- Marketers who run their email campaigns with segmentation have noticed a 760% spike in their revenue.
Mobile Email Marketing Stats
- 35% of business persons check emails on their mobile devices.
- 60% of all emails received are opened from Mobile devices
- By the end of 2018, the total number of mobile email users was around 2.2 billion. This no is rapidly growing.
- 47% of the consumers check email through any mobile application.
- 85% of the users use Smartphones to check emails on a daily basis
- Apple’s iPhone is the most popular mobile client for sending emails
- 9.3% of the total mail clicks comes from Tablet, not from smartphones or computers.
Email Automation Stats
- 47% of the Email Marketers say Automation is really effective
- 75% of marketers use at least one type of email marketing automation software.
- The best way of setting automation is by mapping the Customer Journey with personalized content
- Rather than preset, tailor-made automation flows give better Click-Through Rates (CTR).
- 47% Welcome Emails, 46% promotional Emails & 26% transactional emails are being sent leveraging automation tools.
- Automated Email Marketing Campaigns get 119% higher CTR than general broadcast emails.
- Sending 3 back to back abandoned cart emails results in 69% more conversion than a Single reminder mail.
- Over 50% of B2B companies are adopting marketing automation at a rapid pace
Frequency & Timing Stats in Email Marketing
- 61% of the Subscribers/ customers like to receive a promotional email every week. So never ever think that email is irritating, use it with it’s full potential
- As per GetResponse’s report, 11 am is the best time to send emails & 12 am reflects the highest CTR
- The Best days for sending emails are Tuesday & Thursday
Email Marketing ROI
- An Email generates $38 for every $1 you spent, which means a whopping 3800% Return On Investment (ROI)
- 59% of the Marketers mentioned that Email is their number one source of ROI.
- 81% of the businesses say Email drives better customer acquisition.
- 60% of the marketers estimate the effectiveness of an Email Marketing Campaign from the conversion rate.
- If we consider the order value, then the average value of Email is 17% higher than social media.
Demographical Email Marketing Stats
- 44% of the millennials start using email even before they turned 15
- 25% of the people among 18-24 age bracket check email as their first thing in the morning
- On Average, the millennial spend 6.4 hours a day checking emails.
- Over 50% of all the respondents check their personal emails more than 10 times a day.
Stats – Email Marketing Strategy
- An email that comes incorrectly on mobile has a greater chance to be deleted within 3 seconds.
- Using the word “Donate” in your email’s Subject line can decrease the Open Rate of your mail up to 50% or even more.
- If any Video is embedded in an Email that gets 96% higher CTR than traditional non-video Emails.
- Among all 64% of people prefer rich text emails.
- During the Normal work week, people spend 28 percent of their time reading & answering emails.
- Study shows that usage of more number of images decreases the Click Through Rate (CTR).
So these are some of the jaw dropping Statistics which I hope will help you to understand the tremendous potential email marketing still has.
From all the reports & data points its pretty clear that, if Email Marketing can be strategized in the right way it can be one of the biggest ROI maker among all your digital marketing segments.
Now I hope, the question regarding “Whether Email Marketing can be a rewarding career option or not” is pretty much cleared.
So what are you waiting for? Wishing you a big Email Marketing Success in 2021.