- Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt’s mission is to help the world understand software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals. For more information, you can visit our website www.packt.com.
- We are currently hiring for the post of Video Content Development Editor.
- We’re looking for freshers/ experienced candidates with a qualification in Information Technology who will ensure the best quality of the content by evaluating the technical accuracy, structure, and flow of content.
- We need people from IT Background who understands at least basics of IT. This helps them to relate to the role easily.
- Necessary training will be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Video Content Editor (VCE) role is for creative and intelligent individuals who have a keen interest in technology, and the creation of technical content to help others learn about new technologies or develop new skills.
- The focus of the VCE role is to ensure that video courses are produced according to their specifications and that the content meets Packt's standards. The VCE ensures the quality of the video courses by providing feedback to the author, and that the feedback is acknowledged or followed. The VCE works with reviewers as well as with other Packt staff to ensure that video courses are developed in accordance with their specifications and meet the set publication deadlines.
- This role is not for an individual who is interested in just one particular computer technology and would like to focus on it. It requires you to work with many technologies. It is ideal for fast learners who are interested in following emerging technologies and what other professional computer users are interested in. Nevertheless, a VCE is likely to develop more knowledge of certain topic areas over time and would then be expected to develop more courses on these technologies.
- A strong interest in managing relationships and good people skills are necessary for success in this role. The VCE will also be working closely with colleagues in both Birmingham and Mumbai and will report to a Development Team Leader in Mumbai.
- Review course content.
- Manage relationships with authors, reviewers, and other contacts.
- Work with the VAEs, Video Editors, and PCs to ensure that courses are published on time.
- Produce regular weekly and monthly status reports to identify problems and suitable solutions.
- Meet the set productivity and quality targets and meet publication deadlines.
- Develop a good understanding of technologies and their course's markets.
- Play an active role in developing Packts publishing strategy.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Heres a rough skill set for a VCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent command of English.
- Ability to learn technologies fast.
- Effective Time management and the ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage with minimal supervision.
- Multi-tasking (the VCE works on multiple projects at a time, with different courses being in different stages of development).
- Ability to work in a team.
- 3 to 6 months of Editorial experience.
No of Openings: 2
Experience: 0 - 3 yrs
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Diploma - Computers, B.Sc - Computers, BCA - Computers
PG: MBA/PGDM - Information Technology, M.Tech - Computers, MCA - Computers, MS/M.Sc(Science) - Computers, PG Diploma - Computers
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required.
Benefits & Perks:
Recruiter Name: Amit Tripathi
Contact Company: Packt Publishing
Contact No: +91 7045927498