Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru has the distinction of being the first airport in India, to be constructed through a public-private partnership. Built and operated along the highest international standards, Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is set to become India’s leading travel destination known for its quality and efficiency.
Technical writer is required to prepare instruction manuals, journal articles, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
To develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among vendors, solution providers, designers, and manufacturers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation.
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions.
- Organize and write supporting documents for products.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users understanding.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Apply and follow ITIL framework and processes as best practice.
- Work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers and usability experts to make the project delivered products easier to use.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature Create and maintain the Information Architecture.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals to produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Working with internal teams on product and documentation requirements.
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Research, create, and maintain Information Architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards and allow for easy data migration.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- At least 10+ years of Proven working experience in software development.
- 2-4 years industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation.
- Previous experience in technical writing of software documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
Benefits & Perks: