GaneshaSpeaks is the World’s #3 and India’s #1 Astrology e-commerce portal with over 13 crore visits monthly, having 700+ employees. With Bejan Daruwalla’s team of experts at the helm, the company has been creating a new vertical in the services e-commerce sector since 2003.
GaneshaSpeaks.com aims to bring structure and integrity to the field of astrology to ensure that the practitioners are upgraded to provide world class services and customers are made aware of the best in class guidance that they can expect consistently. By doing this, GaneshaSpeaks.com aims to unlock the latent potential in this unstructured market guesstimated to be $10 billion only in India. The market size in the UK and USA markets is $1 billion respectively.
Besides providing the standard astrological services, the company has pioneered research into Stock Market Astrology, setup Astrology.fm – the world’s first horoscopes radio station and has recently launched Astroflix.com – the world’s first 4K horoscopes tv channel. Innovation with a scientific and structured approach is the hallmark of GaneshaSpeaks.com.
GaneshaSpeaks.com has partnered with Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Microsoft, Nokia, MSN, Samsung, Mid-Day, Twitter, Facebook and many more for providing their customers content and services.
For a detailed profile, visit http://pandit.ventures or for the consumer portal visit https://www.ganeshaspeaks.com
Profile Summary :
The Social Content Editor(SCE) oversees all content creation(aimed at going viral on Social Media) across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales(conversion), engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
The SCE collaborates with the departments of public relations, communications, marketing, customer service, IT and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Ultimately, the job of the SCE is to think like both a Social Media Marketer and a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives according. This includes the following :-
- Ensuring all content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out and evolving a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- Supervising writers, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results.
- Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and repurposing, consistent with the prevailing content strategy.
- Leveraging social media data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired actioni.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.).
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
The SCE requires a combination of a marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think customer first.
Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a nose for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company's stated goals.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Should be experience in the SEO style of writing.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's/ Masters degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 8 -10 years of mixed experience Social Media Marketing and in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
- HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc. required.
- Multilingual abilities (specifically Hindi) a major plus.
Benefits & Perks: