Sakal Media established in 1932, the Sakal Media Group is the largest independently owned media business in Maharashtra. Headquartered in the educational and cultural capital of the state – Pune, the Sakal Media Group owns and operates newspapers and magazines in Marathi as well as English with a circulation across Maharashtra and Goa. The Group also has interests in digital media, event management services, commercial printing and also runs a regional television channel.
With a workforce of over 3500 and a vendor network that exceeds 25,000, the Sakal Media Group is a people-focused organization with an open and vibrant work environment offering scope for advancement and growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute tests, collect and analyse data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid/organic search campaigns.
- Track, report, and analyse website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns.
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Research and analyse competitor advertising links.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven 5 to 10 years of SEO experience, a portfolio that shows steady search rank increases for other businesses.
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite).
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Understanding of how local search works and best practices.
- Great overall research and analytics skills.
- Experience with content writing, building backlinks, and optimizing webpages.
- Familiarity with the WordPress platform and proper formatting practices.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative, test-driven field.
Benefits & Perks: