Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 4000+ talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California. Internationally we have offices in Gurgaon, and London, England. Cvent has received a number of awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the DNA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment?
- Do you enjoy creating innovative, long lasting solutions?
- Are you passionate about technology?
- If you answered yes, please keep reading!
- As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will work as part of the central framework team whose mission is to provide cross platform tooling and next generation UI architecture that will aide product teams in the rapid development of our best in class enterprise software.
- The ideal candidate for this role will exemplify both technical expertise and empathy. We are looking for someone who wants to not only work on interesting projects but also make a positive impact across Cvents Engineering division.
Specifically we are looking for someone who
- Has a deep understanding of MVC concepts and how they apply to JS applications.
- Is process oriented, able to review business and design requirements and work with various stakeholder groups (PM, UX, Engineering etc.) to come up with long lasting solutions.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and is able to work in a grey area environment.
- Will provide technical expertise and mentor-ship to associate level or product team members as needed.
- Is excited about developing a UI eco-system that will be used in both web, mobile and native applications.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 4-6 years of hands on development experience.
- Previous experience working in an Agile development environment a must!
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in at least one object oriented language: Java and/or C# a plus.
- Experience authoring SPA using client side technologies such as React, Redux or Angular.
- Expert level proficiency with version control systems, especially GIT.
- Experience working with React Native a huge plus.
- Experience with using or implementing RESTful APIs
Benefits & Perks: