Sigma Systems is the global leader in catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. With offices in North and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, we serve over 80 customers in 40 countries with our award-winning products. Sigma supports a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, and voice and high-speed data communications.
When you join Sigma, you are a part of an award-winning company that truly cares about its employees. We have been named one of Canadas top 25 software companies by the Branham Group. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Torontos Top Employers by The Globe and Mail, and have also received the Gold Standard in the category of Canadas Best Managed Companies from Deloitte.
Sigma Systems is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Knowledge Solutions team to work closely with software development teams, project specialists and trainers to develop innovative user assistance for our comprehensive suite of software products.
If you are someone who prides themselves in being innovative, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You are great at planning, conceptualizing and developing your work. Your attention to writing user-friendly accurate content in a task-based way will be a key part of your daily activities. We love clear and crisp communication.
- You live and breathe your day-to-day activities in tight quarters with Engineering and Project Management teams, working well with developers, product managers and subject-matter experts alike.
- You are good with the groove and momentum in Agile software development cycles.
- You are familiar with publishing SDK documentation to describe APIs relevant to production integration, as well as user guides, such as installation, administration, configuration and user-interface guides.
- You know all about Adobe FrameMaker. You are also keen and quick to learn new products, and these days, who isnt a Microsoft Office guru? So, youre that too.
- You appreciate standard deliverables. Yes, weve spent time investing in workflows, templates and writing standards, incorporating the Microsoft Manual of Styles. Youre willing to add value here, and equally happy to use whats available as we evolve.
- You teach others by producing screen captures, flowcharts and infographics. Images and embedded
- How To videos make you happy.
- You have worked in the telecommunications space and have a basic understanding of the associated BSS/OSS processes.
- You are are a lifelong learner with a never-ending appetite to better yourself and acquire new skills to hone your craft.
- You enjoy proofreading and editing your work and the work of others. You are obsessed with accuracy and consistency of language.
- You thrive in a chaotic environment with changing deadlines and priorities, and you soak up the ambiguity as a new challenge.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- BA or BS in English, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent qualification
- Formal certification or advanced training in technical writing
- You have excellent communication abilities and proven talent with the written word.
At Sigma, our employees wellbeing and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, dont hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you.
Sigma welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Pune, India
Reports To: Director, Sigma Academy
Benefits & Perks: