Standard Chartered GBS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank, UK, is an integral part of the Bank’s strategy to consolidate and rationalise operations into Shared Services Centres. This is an ambitious project that the Bank undertook and today Standard Chartered GBS services all 56 countries of the Standard Chartered Group processing over 80 million transactions a year.
The facility in Chennai is one of two hubs that the Bank has set up, the other being in Kuala Lumpur. Standard Chartered GBS has today emerged as one of the top captive banking back offices in India for international companies.
The operations in Scope are very diverse and range from banking operations to supporting global HR processes and finance and accounting services, software development and maintenance, support for global treasury operations and providing IT helpdesk support. Scope International has adopted IDEAL as the Quality methodology in the organization to create a highly effective metrics driven performance culture.
Standard Chartered GBS employs approximately 10% of the Group’s global workforce. Talented professionals from various backgrounds enrich the skill mix of the company. The average age in Scope is 28 with a male to female ratio of 70% to 30%.
Standard Chartered GBS Centre has been created as a world-class custom designed facility with a built up area of about half a million square feet. The state-of-the-art Disaster Recovery site is located in Padur, 35 kilometres from Scope Centre.
The organization is motivated and totally committed to the development of its people; GBS has a flat structure; its HR policies are innovative and employee friendly. Scope embraces the Bank’s values and employees are encouraged and rewarded for living the values at work.
GBS differentiates itself in the community by being a trusted and proactive member.
The company’s Corporate Social Responsibility agenda is closely aligned with the Group’s strategy. Scope is currently into the second stage of the Group.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Should be responsible to take lead on the mobile application development.
- Should have hands on coding using mobile technologies e.g. iOS, React, React Native and backend using Java.
- Should be able to gather business user requirements and run the project independently.
- Should be a team player as well individual contributor.
- Should be able to manage junior team members
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient with Objective-C/Swift, Cocoa Touch, Java, React, React Native.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with RESTful APIs (JSON/XML) to connect iOS/android/mobile web applications to back-end services.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GitHub, Mercurial or SVN.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools.
- Experience with technologies e.g. PHP, Java, Unix, MS technologies are preferable
Benefits & Perks: