Mediology is a software solutions company focused on providing end to end technology solutions for the media and publishing industry. Right from pre-press workflow solutions to multi channel publishing, social networking and even monetizing your media assets, we assist media companies – old and new – in embracing technology to increase productivity, reduce costs and enhance user experience. Our “software as a service” (Saas) approach is aimed at minimizing the upfront investment required with most IT projects. We offer a pay-as-you-go option to get you started quickly and ramp up only when the need arises. Our publishing platform is based on open source software and supports open standards hence ensuring no vendor lock in, should you choose to take your content and users to a different platform.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms.
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API.
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support.
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale.
- Use test driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality.
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions.
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong PHP Technology Experience.
- Experience in WordPress theme OR plugin development in mandatory.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL.
- Able to solve complex problems in Design and Data Analysis.
- Knowledge of API's, such as twitter, Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, etc.
Desirable Skills :-
- Experience in any CMS like Joomla, Drupal etc.
- Web Development Frameworks like Yii, CodeIgniter, Laravel, CakePHP, Zend, Symphony, Kohana etc.
- Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap
Benefits & Perks: