Mobile apps & products team at Steerminds is looking for iOS and Android app developers responsible for the development and maintenance of its mobile products & applications for Apple & Android devices. The Developers primary focus will be the development & testing of iOS & Android applications and their integration with back-end API’s & Services. The Developer will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the application(s). Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality code is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and build (end-to-end) applications for the iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Participate in UX design and UI development as per Apple/Android specifications, Storyboarding.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient with Swift ( or Objective C depending on project requirement), and Cocoa Touch, Cocoapods.
- Fully aware of apple library and useful 3rd party library/frameworks.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Hands on with XCODE 9+ IDE, environment, coding, debugging, archiving, publishing to various provisioning profiles.
- Aware of releasing for TEST users and deployment to APP STORE.
- Knowledge/Experience in APNS.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Working knowledge of Web Services hosted in cloud.
- Understanding of Apples design principles and interface guidelines, storyboarding, design patterns such as MVC.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools (such as Instruments and Shark, depending on project needs).
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications Services.
- Ability to bench-marking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN).
- Familiarity with continuous integration - Build & Release.
- Ability to test for memory-leaks etc.
- Android Developer Studio 3.0 +
- Java Coding & Debugging.
- SQL, SQLite and other temp data stores.
- JSON, REST, SOAP, Web-API Integrations.
- GCM/FCM Integrations.
- SVN, GIT Repos.
- Build & Release management.
- Distribution and Deployment to Play Store.
- Developing iOS/Android applications for play store.
- Excellent working knowledge of building products, not just writing maintenance code.
- Proven ability to function independently with little supervision.
- Understands AGILE process for mobile apps development.
- Capable of estimating effort, planning, reporting and documenting designs, solutions etc
Benefits & Perks: