An exciting opportunity has arisen within Packt for a Marketing Specialist, working as part of a global team. Packt operates on a remote-enabled basis, where all roles can be fully or partially remote.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with book commissioning team to research target audiences and understand buyer behaviours. (User behaviour sits with Product Manager; Buyer behaviour sits with Marketing Specialist). Input to product information from a buyer perspective.
- Network in target audience communities in order to understand best outreach and marketing approaches for each community and gain community insights.
- Create title-by-title bespoke marketing strategies to reach target audiences and convert book sales. Focus on innovative and creative digital and content-led strategies that don't rely on high spend.
- Through networking activities, identify and acquire advisors, influencers and endorsers. Acquire book reviewers and beta testers on an opportunistic basis (this is driven by Acquisition teams, but MS networking activities will naturally generate some leads).
- Build databases of relevant forums, chat rooms, FB/LI groups, associations, institutions etc.
- For each title successfully commissioned, build a detailed plan for delivering the marketing strategy. Resource and deliver the plan.
- Carry out ongoing marketing activities and promotions to maximise the reach and revenue for published titles in the portfolio, including back catalogue as appropriate.
- Curate Amazon A+ page content where relevant, and to optimise all titles for Amazon search and marketing. Liaise with the Senior Optimisation & Marketing Manager for Amazon optimisation.
- Create dashboards and reports for monitoring activity and outcomes.
- Test and learn on an ongoing basis. Try new approaches for each book as appropriate. Build playbooks of successful methods.
- Support the wider Learning team with marketing advice and activities (max 15% of time).
- Help the wider Packt business to develop and implement marketing best practices.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid understanding of content marketing and related SEO/SEM.
- Excellent communication and influence skills.
- Excellent writing skills for drafting marketing plans and copywriting. Creative writing and design experience is beneficial.
- Energy and creativity - a high level of new idea generation.
- Analytical approach to measuring the results of marketing activities and driving insight and learning.
- Ability to work with uncertainty and adaptive change within a dynamic environment.
Key result areas :
- The ratio of title proposal success (where marketing strategy will be a key pillar of a proposal's acceptance).
- Delivery of each title's marketing strategy, with adaptation where required.
- Title lifetime value - revenue and sales units.
- Number of new marketing activities/approaches trialled. Speed of learning and improvements in our techniques.
- Provide clear and regular reports to the team and wider business on the range of marketing activities undertaken and their effectiveness.
Candidate background and profile : Likely to be a graduate. Should have some influencer/community experience. Not yet a Marketing Manager, but with the potential to be promoted to MM in a 12-18 month timeframe. Happy to still be hands-on for now. Potential to grow a team and increasingly move focus to strategic and management level. What the Packt role offers: Opportunity to grow marketing from scratch. Small, collaborative team where marketing strategy is built in from product ideation stage. Peer in a business unit management team. Excellent potential for growth within and beyond initial role. Good exposure to the wider Packt business as marketing becomes an increasingly important driver of title success.
Benefits & Perks:
Please Note: JobsFrontier does not guarantee/commit any job directly or indirectly and does not arrange any interview calls or send any appointment letter directly. Read more