Markovate is a growing data-driven digital marketing agency focused on providing growth marketing solutions to small businesses and start-ups in Canada and the US. Our mission is to help increase their online presence and ultimately generate more sales and revenue.
We are a passionate marketing team, who believes in technology for achieving faster results. At this point, we are looking for a passionate individual who wants to join and learn about creating/designing digital experiences using the power of invincible design and get some hands-on experience to advance their skills in UI/UX. This role is best suited for someone who is self-motivated, energetic and has a sharp eye for beautiful and trending designs(we mean pixel-wise!). Oh wait, we also meant pastel colors!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design images and other graphic elements for websites, banner ads, icons, logos.
- Design modern looking HTML/PSD's for websites or web applications.
- Design other collaterals like infographics, landing pages, display ad designs, case study designs, white paper designs etc.
- Have a good knowledge of modern flat design: Google's material.io, evernote.design, stripe.com, invision.design, pastel colors.
- Edit (slice and dice) and create new graphics as required.
- Have an understanding of sketch, wire-frames, and Apple and Google Play Store design patterns
Generate intuitive and user-friendly experiences.
- Present designs for review and work with the team to implement constructive feedback for fast-paced design sprints/cycles.
- Work closely with the founders and understand their design vision.
- Apply knowledge of HTML/CSS while designing, which will help development teams in translating the designs to code.
- Demonstrates the ability to ask questions and gather information to create impact deliverable.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, and organized manner
- A great deal of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Completed or is working towards a degree/diploma in Computer Science, design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related design discipline.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, CSS, HTML.
- Prior experience with UI/UX design and graphic design.
- Excellent understanding of typography, font, layout, user interface and color.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Product design experience.
- Ability to understand Agile design cycles.
- Active Dribbble/Behance account.
- Github design account.
- An active reader on https://uxdesign.cc/.
- Cross-platform (Web, Mobile, Tablet, Video) design skills is an asset.
- Animation and digital interactive design skills is an asset.
Benefits & Perks: