NEWJ has now become a subsidiary of RIIHL. NEWJ was incorporated in January 2018, and it produces and curates content for social and digital platforms. With the RIL investment, NEWJ will developed data enabled products. NEWJ’s website announces that its “coming soon”.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for managing individual categories of content verticals.
- Throughout the day you will supervise a team of content writers and be responsible for editing stories including videos and text in adherence to stylesheets and readers’ requirements.
- You will work in a creative environment and respond to various competing priorities.
- Prepare work schedules and enforce deadlines to encourage team members to meet targets to facilitate timely publication.
- You will design and implement coverage strategies and facilitate wide coverage of all sorts of issues and news.
- You will work closely with content writers and contributors on how to select and define stories.
- You will coordinate with colleagues in the newsroom and other departments to set priorities.
- Evaluate news for authenticity and check with sources to ensure correctness of published stories.
- You will work closely with video editors to facilitate efficient output.
- You will be responsible for research and sourcing news, videos and other related information for your assigned content vertical.
- You will also oversee editing of stories - daily news, specials and periodical features.
- Monitor all feeds from various news sources.
- Provide assignments to freelancers and prepare reports for current news trends.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Candidates should have at least 5-7 years' solid experience as a news journalist.
- Besides English and Hindi, preferred candidates would need to be familiar with spoken and written Indian languages including Marathi, Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, Urdu, Malayalam etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- He/she needs to be persistent, resilient and should be able to handle pressure
- Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree
- Superior knowledge of video editing tools and techniques would be an added advantage.
Benefits & Perks:
Please Note: JobsFrontier does not guarantee/commit any job directly or indirectly and does not arrange any interview calls or send any appointment letter directly. Read more