Packt books and videos show developers around the world how to learn sophisticated new tools and build powerful new software. But it takes a special talent to make complicated topics simple. And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for creative, enthusiastic, smart people to help our expert authors create high quality accessible tech books and videos.
As a Content Development Editor you’ll give authors feedback and guidance to help them create a quality product.
And you’ll see YOUR books and video products for sale on Amazon and across the web, making a real difference to the lives of professional developers.
Nothing beats the buzz of seeing a book you helped create get a string of 5-star reviews from happy and grateful customers.
Plot No 103, Arena House, Third Floor, Road No.12,
Opposite Saffron Spice Hotel, MIDC,
Andheri (East) Mumbai- 400093.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with technical experts around the world and help them write clear, friendly, and helpful tech books
- Put yourself in a readers shoes and evaluate how well a piece of writing will work for them
- Improve the quality of an authors work through enthusiastic helpful feedback
- Keep the author motivated and keen to deliver through the project
- Work with the rest of the editorial team to bring your products to market
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- A passion for producing successful books and videos that developers will love
- The confidence to offer strong editorial guidance and feedback, even to highly qualified experts
- Strong results orientation -- you will be responsible for working with authors to deliver a consistent stream of quality products with minimal management supervision
- Creative problem solving in the pursuit of a result
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Some tech interest or background is a plus
- A relevant degree
- Should have clarity, conciseness, consistency and flexibility to work on different products.
Benefits & Perks: