FactSet Research Systems Inc. (the Company or FactSet) is a global provider of integrated financial information, analytical applications and industry-leading service for the investment community. Our mission is to solve our clients greatest challenges through the power of collaboration. We deliver insight and information to investment professionals through our analytics, service, content, and technology. These professionals include portfolio managers, investment research professionals, investment bankers, risk and performance analysts, and wealth advisors. From streaming real-time data to historical information, including quotes, estimates, news and commentary, we offer proprietary and third-party content through desktop, web, mobile and off-platform solutions. Our broad application suite offers tools and resources including company and industry analyses, full screening tools, portfolio analysis, risk profiles, alpha-testing, portfolio optimization and research management solutions. Our revenues are primarily derived from subscriptions to products and services such as workstations, analytics, enterprise data, research management, and trade execution.
Founded in 1978 and operating from 40 locations worldwide employing above 9000 people, FactSet has over $1.35 billion in annual revenues and is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut. Our operations extend within North America as well as Europe and the Pacific Rim. Since 1996, the Company has been publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDS and is also dual-listed on the NASDAQ under the same symbol.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Content Development department works closely with many internal operational and supporting teams. It also maintains strong partnerships with engineering teams both on the development and product integration side. Content Development is also tasked with providing first line floor support to operational resources of our collection tools and workflow processes across multiple offices. Specifically, the team is tasked with conducting research and analysis that identifies solutions to business problems including suggesting methods to improve practices and processes. Key to the teams success is the follow through on delivering end to end development and testing via the agile development framework. This also includes documenting and reporting of bugs, automated and manual testing and deployment of new software during regular release to production cycles.
As a Business Analyst/Associate Content Developer, you will work closely with Content Manager of Content Development in the definition, refinement, development and release of new and revised content collection technologies and workflows. This role requires previous experience in collecting and consolidating requirements, defining workflows, writing and contributing to the creation of functional specifications and maintenance thereof, and providing project management as required. You will report on progress and status of development in project areas under your control as well as documenting and creating actionable requirements from internal stakeholders and end-users (Internal clients) feedback for both in-development and in-production collection processes, via both structured (pre-release testing) and unstructured (on the floor feedback) channels. This position will involve close contact with various functional teams across different locations and time-zones, and interaction with contributing groups on an as-needed basis. Therefore its essential that you possess a good grasp of the English language as well as the ability to break down complex jargon and convert this into meaningful and simple wording.
- Partners with Associate Content Managers on supporting the entire end to end delivery of projects, including participation in planning, design, modeling, deployment and monitoring
- Major contributor on prioritizing enhancement requests, system bugs and questions on his or her own, seeking guidance as required
- Performs direct root cause analysis, identifying and communicating resolution strategies to stakeholders
- Provide on the ground expertise and support to end-user teams and managers through the development, ramp up and post-handover phase of new processes
- Conduct and oversee walk through of new functionality and new processes, soliciting questions and ensuring that applications and workflows are well-understood upon and after release
- Demonstrates strong communication skills with the database supplier (as needed) and engineering counterparts and other internal or (when applicable) external contacts
- Proactive in measuring and publishing performance metrics on systems, workflows and post deployment efficiencies
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Two years experience writing specifications, requirements, test plans
- Ability to quickly understand our current workflows and processes, policies and incorporate the same application development as per each requirement
- Project Management experience or understanding of basic project management principles
- Proficient knowledge of database schemas / languages
- Ability and proven skills to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent collaborator with a variety of experts in both face-to-face and virtual environments
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) tools
- B.S. (Engineering, with minimum 2 years of software development) + MBA Finance (2 years experience in creating Tech Specs, liaising with Software Development teams and internal stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks: